Monday, September 8, 2008

changing seasons

The season here is changing from rainy season to cool and dry season and apparently this change causes fevers and colds. At least that's what our helper told me. Dylan and Elliot both have been/are sick this past week and both David and I haven't been feeling 100% well either. Last night at the fellowship many others were sniffling, too.

But not only the weather has been changing but a new season of our life here has begun as well. With all the goodbyes we have had to say to friends and to my mom who flew back to Germany last Thursday there have also been a few hellos to people that have just moved here. And tomorrow we'll be saying hello to our very first new staff/team members that will be with us for one year. A huge change for us after being here on our own for almost three years.

Dylan has begun his new season at Pre School. Letting him go that first morning was a strange feeling. My little guy has grown! But he's definitely enjoying going to school and never wants to come home. He seems so proud to be there now with his own hook for his backpack and little toothbrush.

This is a new season for me, too. The four hours that Dylan is at school in the morning give me more free time. These past weeks have been busy with my mom visiting, getting ready for our newcomers and caring for two fussy, sick boys. I've had little time to reflect or just be. But now I'm enjoying having time for a second cup of coffee, time to reflect and to read my Bible in solitude while Elliot is asleep. Without having someone crawl all over me, trying to grab my Bible from me. :) And I'm enjoying having extra time for Elliot.

These changing seasons have brought a lot of tears. It's been hard letting go. But I know there is good in it all, too. And in it all Jesus is the same, yesterday, today and forever.

No comments: