Friday, August 29, 2008

update

I had just finished writing an update for this blog last night when we had a power cut and thus my internet connection was interrupted while uploading some photos I had added. It's all just part of living in this beautiful country!

It's been good having my mom here to visit. We've been doing some sightseeing, making good use of our new pickup truck and working on various projects.

Elliot is definitely enjoying his grandmother. Dylan is fullswing in his "terrible 2s" mode and totally ignoring all my mom wants to do with him...It's times like that you wonder what you are doing wrong as a mother but he's just a kid. But I feel sorry for her. Anyways, her main reason for coming was Elliot and even though he's in a fussy stage of teething at the moment, she's having some good times with him.

David has been busy preparing for the next semester which begins next Wednesday. I'm kind of dreading having to go back to our normal routine, especially as he probably will have to teach 2 classes this semester. That would mean 5 evenings alone with the boys. Help! But we'll manage somehow.

Since our puppy died we have taken in our puppy's father again and I'm actually enjoying Jacob. He's a lot easier to keep happy then Linus and is not as high maintenance as a puppy.

David brought some birds back with him from the capital so our zoo is growing.

Dylan starts Kindergarden, or Pre School, on Monday. Wow! I'm excited for him but also a little apprehensive. I know he'll enjoy having kids to play with but I do hope he does well and learns to play with them and share. At the moment, he's in a "that's mine" phase, grabbing everything from Elliot and also the our neighbor kids and not cooperating well. So I hope he learns quickly without too many problems.

It'll be a change for me with lots of free time at my disposal in the mornings. What will I do? I'll think of something! :)

No comments: