Saturday, September 13, 2008

first week

Well, our first week with our new friends has been full. We ended up having to change around a lot of the schedule, due to David's new teaching schedule. Instead of five nights, he teaches one class in the morning which means that he is gone almost all day on the 3 days that he teaches. But I do prefer that over having to handle 5 nights on my own.

The boys being sick and Dylan not going to school and me having to handle a lot on my own made me wonder at times what I had gotten myself into. But now the boys are well again and the more we all settle into a routine the easier it will get.

Next week we all start with language classes and our 'normal' lives. I do hope we will get into a 'normal' life quickly as this week has been tiring and left little time for David and myself. The good thing is that they all love kids and get along well with our kids and are willing babysitters. So I'm hoping we'll get some regular date nights again.

Dylan has really hit his phase of testing his limits. His favorite word is 'No', no matter what we say and ask him to do and it's been tiring getting him ready and trying to get him to cooperate. But this too shall pass and he's still such a great guy and lots of fun.

Elliot now has 6 teeth and has developed a very strong will and temper. But he too is a sunshine and makes me laugh a lot. I love being a mom and watching them develop and being free to take it all in and really watch them grow.

Anyways, time for bed!

No comments: