Monday, September 15, 2008

early morning impressions

I'm supposed to be doing the bookkeeping but thought I would spend these moments on something more enjoyable.
This morning I went to buy some bread for breakfast and I love driving through town in the early mornings, watching people get ready for the day. Our town is gradually developing from a sleepy little place to a bustling 'city'. You see kids in their graceful school uniforms walking in little groups or riding their bikes to school. Vendors at food stalls setting out plates and dishes. Men or women just standing or squatting in front of their house watching the traffic and those passing by. A new day. It makes me happy to be here.

This is Dylan's third week in Pre School and though he didn't want to go last week he was happy to go again this morning. I'm glad he's enjoying it.

Elliot is standing more and more on his own though he's still afraid when he notices that he's not holding on to anything. And he's starting to communicate more and more, says "Brrrr" when playing with a car and yesterday I taught him to say "moo" as we have cow paintings (painted by my mom) hanging in the kids' room.

Read this this morning:
"Jesus did not come to bring peace but the sword, not nightgowns but the armor of God. The kingdom of God is not a matter of words but of power, a source of transformation and information. The spiritual life is simply life itself lived with a vision of faith. Any spirituality claiming the name Christian must resonate with the life and teaching of the Master." Brennan Manning

Simply living life itself lived with a vision of faith. So simple and yet so profound and so difficult to put into practice.

1 comment:

Lopet said...

I like the visual of driving through LP in the morning. Long to be there and see it myself! We miss you guys, and miss Joma mornings on Sat. Please give our love to your family.
Lori