Thursday, June 26, 2008

changes

Elliot has two teeth now and is basically crawling at 71/2 months. I can't believe how fast these months have gone by! I do remember that Dylan's first year just seemed to race by but now with two little guys to fill my days it's gone by so much more quickly. I am so glad to have this privilege of seeing them every day, all day long and watching them grow and learn.

These last few days have been a bit lonely but I guess everyone gets lonely once in a while, right? With David gone almost all day and not many people around that we have built real friendships with yet there's no one to really keep me company, except for Dylan and Elliot of course. Every once in a while it will get to me, this consistent stream of people coming and going. And it's been like that almost my whole life already. Which hasn't helped me form many real friendships. Anyway, I've felt a bit lonely. But I'm o.k. now. I have a new friend with a little son who comes by every few days to hang out and I do enjoy that. And this evening we got to hang out with some other friends whose son is just a few months older than Dylan. So he enjoyed that, too.

Went for a walk around town with David's English class this afternoon. It was good to get out and I realized again just how beautiful this place is that we call home. Met some little girls, one of them was walking around with her mom, collecting plastic bottles to sell. Her mom looked old enough to be her grandmother, thin and worn out. A bit dazed, too, squatting there in front of us, not speaking, just watching. What can we do to bring transformation into lives like these?

No comments: